What We Do
Diversification is a key to good investment performance. Portfolios are diversified among large capitalization (“large cap”), mid-cap, and small-cap U.S. stocks, bonds (high quality, high yield and international), alternative assets, and foreign equities. Each portfolio is designed to provide growth consistent with their goals as well as the comfort level of a client.
Core Satellite Portfolio Management
Core/satellite portfolio management is a strategy which builds the portfolio using a large “core” group of investments with a complement of smaller “satellite” positions. SWM uses a combination of dividend paying stocks, no load mutual funds, and exchange traded funds to build the core. The core or foundation of each portfolio is strategically designed for long term investment, with relatively low volatility and turnover. The satellite positions are smaller holdings that tend to be shorter term investments with higher volatility than its core holdings. Together, the strategies seek to deliver consistent performance, diversification, and a portfolio with several non-correlating assets.
Implement Tax-saving Strategies
Setting up the proper type of qualified plan for clients can be a significant way to save money on taxes. We look at clients who are in the asset “accumulation” or “distribution” phase of life and make specific recommendations for them. The recent amendment to the tax reconciliation act of 2001 plans has dramatically increased our options for qualified plans.
Retirement/ Financial Planning
Each client will periodically receive a financial plan that will show them their future cash flow during retirement years. It is important for clients to know the path they are on and where they are going. We believe most people will live until 100 years of age and we should plan accordingly.
Are we a good fit for you?
- Your portfolio has reached a size where you are no longer comfortable managing it yourself.
- You are currently questioning the advice, or lack of advice, you are receiving.
- You have assets in multiple vehicles – 401(k), IRA, mutual funds, real estate, etc.
- You want someone to create a unified “big picture” by organizing, consolidating, planning, and reporting on your investments.
- You want professional assistance to navigate unpredictable market conditions.
- You have $200,000 in investable assets.
- A willingness to delegate investmen