Maximize Portfolio Diversification
Our goal is to maximize diversification while minimizing expenses, taxes, and emotion. We strive to increase investor discipline, and goal based asset allocation. In addition to a constructing a liquid ETF portfolio, we think implementation of a core real estate strategy will lower volatility, taxation, and improve investor behavior.
Core Satellite Portfolio Management
Core/satellite portfolio management is a strategy which builds the portfolio using a large “core” group of investments with a complement of smaller “satellite” positions. SWM uses a combination of exchange traded funds and income producing index funds to build the core. The core or foundation of each portfolio is strategically designed for long term investment, with relatively low volatility and turnover. The satellite positions are smaller holdings that are sector based with higher volatility than its broad based core holdings. Together, the strategies seek to deliver consistent performance, diversification, and a portfolio with several non-correlating assets.
Implement Tax-saving Strategies
Setting up the proper type of qualified plan for clients can be a significant way to save money on taxes. We look at clients who are in the asset “accumulation” or “distribution” phase of life and make specific recommendations for them. We create various retirement accounts and also partner with third party administrators who create more sophisticated and complex pensions, 401ks, and other tax saving retirement accounts for small business owners.
Retirement/ Financial Planning
Each client will periodically receive a financial plan that will show them their projected future cash flow during retirement years. It is important for clients to know the path they are on and where they are going. We believe most people will live until 100 years of age and we should plan accordingly. SWM can also provide Monte Carlo simulations to measure probability of various outcomes.
Are we a good fit for you?
- Your portfolio has reached a size where you are no longer comfortable managing it yourself.
- You are uncomfortable with the volatility of your portfolio.
- You have assets in multiple vehicles – 401(k), IRA, mutual funds, real estate, etc.
- You want someone to create a unified “big picture” by organizing, consolidating, planning, and reporting on your investments.
- You want professional assistance to navigate unpredictable market conditions.
- You have $250,000 in investable assets.
- You are an accredited investor.
- You would like to incorporate other investment strategies besides stocks and bonds.